This item is out of stock.
FIBER OPTIC BLADE
Kensight Competition Front Sights incorporate a bright, light gathering fiber optic rod that naturally draws the shooter’s eye to the front post for quicker initial sight acquisition and faster sight recovery from shot-to-shot. In order to ensure the strength and integrity of their front sights, Kensight wire-EDM machines them from 4140 chrome moly steel and then heat treats the completed parts to a hardness of RC 38-40.
This competition front sight is equipped with a 0.100″ or 0.118″ wide blade, that is partially serrated for reduced glare. A unique front sight blade shape protects the 0.060″ diameter fiber optic rod. It features a series of cutouts along the top and sides that allow the rod to gather ambient light. This results in shielding the fragile fiber optic tube from potentially damaging impacts.
The sight comes with a flat or contoured base that is optimal for use with a flat or round topped slide. Great for those who intend to file and blend the front sight base to match the contour of their pistol’s slide for a seamless installation. Additionally, the sight comes with green and red fiber optic tubes. It also includes a pin for pinning the sight to the slide, if desired.
Compatible with Novak type front sight dovetail cuts (0.330″ x 65 degree x 0.075″) as typically found on both customized and factory 1911 and 2011 pistols.
- Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Blade Type: Partially Serrated w/Fiber Optic Rod (0.060″ Dia)
- Height: 0.160″ to 0.200″
- Width: 0.100″ or 0.118″
- Sight Base: Flat or Contoured
- Sight Dovetail: Novak, 0.330″ (Width) x 65 Degree (Angle) x 0.075″ (Depth)
- Gunsmith installation recommended
* Novak type front sight dovetails can vary in Depth between different manufacturers. Depth can be as shallow as 0.060″ or as deep as 0.075″. Because of these variances, fitting may be required for installation.
Not sure which sight height you need? Call us. We can help you choose the correct sight.
Flat Base, Contour Base
.160, .170, .180, .190, .200, .210, .220, .230