If it seems like your production 1911 (or 2011) pistol has experiencing reliability issues, and many do, we have the solution to your problems with our reliability tuning.
Because of the vast number of different parts of differing quality used in the manufacture of the 1911, we start with a complete evaluation of your pistol, including build quality and parts used in the build. In addition, we examine the pistol for defects and perform a comprehensive safety check.
As a result of wear and quality issues of internal parts found after the examination, certain parts are rejected in factory production pistols. These rejections can include the hammer, sear, disconnector, spring, trigger, and extractor.
Consequently, parts not listed as included that require replacement incur an extra charge beyond the total listed.
We will contact you before beginning the tuning if there are concerns with the pistol that will not be included in the tuning package. There is no evaluation charge, however, you are responsible for return shipping if you decide not to have the work performed or if the pistol is not usable because of condition.
Refinishing needed as a result of work performed is additional.
Price of Reliability Package is $395 – Basic reliability tuning charge (does not include additional charges for non-covered replacement parts).
- Adjust and correct the extractor (if usable)
- Adjust and correct the ejector (if usable)
- Refit the trigger (if existing trigger can be used)
- Trigger job at 3 ½ – 4 lbs (with existing parts if usable)
- Replace springs as needed
- Correct slide stop
- Correct and dress all internal parts/surfaces
- Dress breech face
- Clearance link slot, if needed
- Machine disconnector slot
- Correct magazine catch lock
- Inspect all safeties
- Replace barrel link if needed
- Lower ejection port if required
- True frame feed ramp
- Correct barrel throat
- Correct/polish barrel chamber
- Crown barrel
- Correct or install plunger tube
- One tuned single stack magazine included
- Minimum of 100 rounds functioned fired